Rabbits are living, breathing animals and so I have instated these sales policies for the benefit of the rabbits and to clarify all terms ahead of time. By purchasing any rabbits from me, you are agreeing to all the terms and conditions stated herein.
- All sales are final. No refunds, replacements or exchanges.
- No rabbits will leave my possession until they are paid for in full.
- Once any rabbit leaves my possession, I will not be held liable for any problems that arise from our transaction, either directly or indirectly. I do my best at all times to sell only good, healthy, quality rabbits.
- I offer discounts to FFA and 4-H members to support young rabbit owners; however, I will not sell rabbits to anyone under the age of 18 without parental consent. Membership cards are required for discount.
- I run a privately owned rabbitry and do not have regular hours of operation; however if you would like to see, inspect and/or interact with a specific bunny or litter, you may contact me to arrange an appointment. I do restrict visitors to my rabbitry in order to offer my herd a peaceful and disease-free environment.
- If I sell a bred doe with an agreement that I get kits back from that breeding, the agreement will be in writing and you are expected to fulfill the agreement. Pick of the litter means I get first choice out of all of the kits from that litter. I do not guarantee that a breeding will be successful.
- I encourage all rabbits to be seen in person before purchase whenever possible.
Reservations & Holds:
- At all times, I retain the first right of refusal- this means you must offer the rabbit back to me at fair market value before you may sell, swap, or gift it to anyone else. If you have not made any improvements to the rabbit (such as show wins, growing out to senior age, and/or proving by breeding) then you must offer the rabbit back to me at the price you paid.
- I reserve the right to complete the sale in person rather than via the internet.
- I reserve the right to refuse or terminate a sale at any time during the sales process without warning or explanation.
Deposits & Payments:
- I require a 50% deposit to hold a rabbit. Rabbit will be held for two weeks after deposit is paid, or two weeks past weaning whichever comes first.
- Deposits are non-refundable; however if I cancel a sale without explanation, your deposit will be returned to you.
- Rabbits are sold on a first-come first-served basis, and I will not hold without a deposit.
- If rabbits are not picked up within 24 hours of the arranged pick-up date and time, then your deposits/payments are forfeited and I will resell or retain the rabbit.
- If you choose to forfeit the sale for any reason, your deposits/payments are forfeited.
- Rabbits must be at least 10 weeks old before they leave the rabbitry. I do not accept reservations on kits prior to weaning.
- I accept cash at time of pickup, or Paypal (email for Paypal address and details) prior to pickup. No checks accepted.
- Prices may vary depending on the breed, age, sex, type, color, gender and bloodline of each individual rabbit. Often rabbits from within the same litter may result in different prices.
- I do not typically offer receipts for rabbit sales, but they can be provided upon request.
- I reserve the right to change prices prior to deposit according to development, age, and breeding abilities.
- I do not guarantee a rabbit's show or breeding results.
- I do not guarantee any rabbit’s future breeding ability, reproductive performance, quality of offspring, show winning, temperament, size, etc. What you see at the time of purchase is what you are purchasing and it is solely at your own risk. If you are showing or breeding, you need to know what you are looking for. It is the buyer’s responsibility to confirm that the rabbit is free from DQs (disqualifications) and is the show quality that you expect.
- I do not knowingly sell any sick animals, and all rabbits are sold healthy when they leave my rabbitry to the best of my knowledge. You are responsible to check over your rabbit to be sure there are no problems at time of pickup. I will not be responsible for any vet bills incurred by rabbits that have been sold.
- I make every effort to correctly determine the sex of all rabbits, with a final confirmation before they leave my possession; however, rabbit gender cannot be 100% guaranteed.
- I handle my rabbits on a regular basis and breed for both quality and disposition. I will not sell any rabbit that shows the slightest sign of aggression (this includes breeding stock).
Delivery & Pickup:
- Bring a suitable carrier at the time of pickup. If you do not have a suitable carrier, then I reserve the right to refuse to relinquish possession of the rabbit.
- I do not ship rabbits. You are welcome to arrange transport of your rabbit, but you are completely responsible for making all arrangements.
- I can often bring rabbits to shows if I will be attending but require at least two days’ notice so I can attempt to make arrangements. You will be required to pick up your rabbit before 10 am on the show day. If you are a no show/no call, the rabbit will be made available for purchase to those at the show site.
- Rabbits must be picked up within 24 hours of the arranged pick-up date and time and will only be held for up to two weeks after deposit is paid or two weeks after weaning, whichever comes first.
Prefixes, Pedigrees & Tattoos:
- All pedigreed rabbits sold will retain the prefix “Gryph’s” unless another prefix is already in place. This prefix must be retained in the name of the rabbit. If the rabbit does not have a name on it’s pedigree but instead lists its tattoo number, then you may name the rabbit as long as the prefix “Gryph’s” remains.
- If the rabbit has been fully named prior to or during the time of sale, that name will remain the rabbit’s formal name.
- All rabbits sold will be tattooed according to my current system, including the prefix of “E” and they must retain their tattoo as it is applied by me.
- In the instance that I sell a pregnant doe, all offspring will carry the prefix “Gryph’s” on their pedigrees, and be tattooed according to my current system.
- Any attempts to change the prefix or tattoo of any rabbit will be pursued and prosecuted.
- Rabbits sold as ‘pet’ quality do not come with pedigrees and should not be entered into any breeding program.
- Rabbits sold as ‘meat breeders’ do not come with pedigrees.
- Rabbits sold as fryers/roasters/etc do not come with pedigrees and should not be entered into any breeding program.
- Rabbits listed on websites must be listed with the prefix “Gryph’s” before their name.